- Lesson 1: Introduction to Hanyu PinYin
- Lesson 2: Hello
- Lesson 3: What is your name?
- Lesson 4: Where are you from?
- Lesson 5: How many people are there in your family?
- Lesson 6: May I know who are you looking for?
- Lesson 7: I am sick
- Lesson 8: What do you want to buy?
- Lesson 9: What day is it today?
- Lesson 10: What time is it now?
- Lesson 11: How much is this?
- Lesson 12: How old are you?
- Lesson 13: This soup is too bland!
- Lesson 14: May I know how to get to the train station from here?
- Lesson 15: Can you speak Chinese?
- Lesson 16: I do my New Year shopping here
- Lesson 17: What is your hobby?
- Lesson 18: Who is the tallest? Who is the shortest?
- Lesson 19 : What are you doing?
- Lesson 20: I am going to Beijing next week
- Lesson 21 – Fast Food
Author Archives: Carolyn
Lesson 21 – Fast Food 快餐Kuàicān Do you like eating fast food? How many times do you eat fast food in a week? Do you know that the Americans eat the most fast food because it is fast, convenient and inexpensive? … Continue reading
我下星期去北京 Wǒ xià xīngqí qù běijīng Have you been to China? Have you seen the Forbidden City in Beijing or The Great Wall of China? These are the must see places in China if you ever go there for … Continue reading
你在做什么？Nǐ zài zuò shénme? How have you been? We hope everyone is good and ready for our lesson for today. In this lesson, we will learn how to ask the question “What are you doing?” in Chinese and in … Continue reading
谁最高？谁最矮？ In our previous lesson, we learned the Chinese word 比. This word is used when we are comparing two things. For example, when we want to say “this apple is sweeter than that apple”, we say 这个苹果比那个苹果甜. Today, we … Continue reading
你有什么嗜好？ Nǐ yǒu shénme shìhào Happy New Year everyone. We hope your new year’s resolution is to master the Chinese language. We will do our best to help you fulfill this resolution. For the second lesson of 2012, … Continue reading
我在这儿办年货 Wǒ zài zhèr bàn niánhuò As the Lunar New Year is approaching soon, we would like to take this opportunity to share with you the things we do during the festive season. Lunar New Year is a festive … Continue reading
您会说汉语吗？ Nǐn huì shuō hàn yǔ ma As there are so many languages in the world, it is really very difficult for a person to master all of them. I have known a person who can speak nine different … Continue reading
请问从这里去火车站怎么走？ Qǐng wèn cóng zhè lǐ qù huǒ chē zhàn zěn me zǒu We will be learning how to ask for direction in this lesson. When traveling to a Chinese speaking country, it is better to learn some simple Chinese … Continue reading
这个汤太淡了！ Zhè ge tāng tài dàn le! Have you ever cooked for your family or for someone special to you? How was the cooking? Did your family or the special person enjoy what you have prepared especially for … Continue reading